lookin' good

Amanda Lee amanda at shellworld.net
Fri Aug 17 22:52:41 EDT 2001

Yup,

back in the 70's when I was in college at the University of West Florida,
Pensacola, FL,  (yeah! some of us did live back
then!), we only got one turn around per day for our programming
assignments.  While taking an IBM 360 Assembler Language course, I often
would wake-up in the middle of the night with the horrific! realization
that o (explitive! ! ! ! ! !) I didn't code that right and it crashed!
Believe me! there was no guarantee that the next 24 hours would bring
peace! love 'n happiness!  After awhile some of us talked the operators
into allowing us to run our own partition so we could work from about
midnight to 3A.M. so we could get perhaps a few more turn arounds per day.

Amanda Lee