smoking kernel update

ScottHowell showell at lrxms.net
Thu Aug 16 21:21:57 EDT 2001

		Yeah, barbecuing kernels is my favorite hobby. Matter of
fact they taste good too.

I neglected to mention that I did poke about and it seems this ctype.h and
other files that seem to be missing in the make dep process do exist. The
handy find util found them and I'm not sure by looking at the Makefile
etc. where its trying to find them. Seems that all is in order best I can
tell, but obviously not. So, these things exist and the only thing I can
think of is perhaps there's some syn links that need to be created. I
haven't had to make these before, but then its been some time since I
compiled a kernel on a Debian install. I assume it should be the same as
any distro. Are there in fact links that need to be created?
The kernel lives as linux-2.4.9 but I've created a sym link to linux which
is normal procedure for me.

thanks

---
Scott