What is missing?

Adam Myrow myrow at eskimo.com
Sun Aug 12 11:23:11 EDT 2001

Well, I just installed Slackware 8.0, got the cvs for Speakup and patched
it into both the default 2.4.5 kernel and 2.4.7 and attempted to compile.
Every time, I get a pile of "undefined reference" messages at the last
step when the kernel image is being created.  The majority are undefined
references to keymaps.  I have the loadkeys utility installed because I
thought I needed it, but that didn't help.  Since I know that others have
gotten Speakup to work under Slackware 8, I am wondering what I am doing
wrong.  I am just using the default 2.2.19 kernel that ships with speech,
but it doesn't have all the options I want like sound support.  Any ideas
as to what I am forgetting are welcome.