Installing Speakup with Kernel 2.4.7 fails

Gregory Nowak romualt at megsinet.net
Thu Aug 9 16:21:29 EDT 2001

Hi,

It looks like you're using speakup 0.10a.
This is the latest official release, but not
the actual latest release which is speakup out of cvs.
Even though the patch errors
appear with 0.10a and 2.4.x kernels, they're not a disaster
as speakup 0.10a ran fine with kernels 2.2.18-2.4.6.
If you do continue to try to compile speakup 0.10a and kernel
2.4.7, the process will die during "make bzImage" due
to some devfs changes made in 2.4.7.
Like I said, Kirk fixed speakup cvs to work with the 2.4.7 kernel changes.
Greg