remote booting

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Wed Apr 25 09:17:46 EDT 2001

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Geoff Shang wrote:
> Having your synth on shouldn't slow your system down.  I say shouldn't, as
> I know it does in certain cases.

One specific case where I have seen it slow a computer down is when a
screen full of information is sent out my roommate's computer will pause
until the buffer of the synth catches up. The most clear example of this
kind of thing is at boot. If speech is silenced the prompt will come up
faster. (It shows up on the screen faster not just that you hear it
sooner.)

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Nothing is hard if you know the answer or are used to doing it.