I too need help with samba.

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Wed Apr 25 00:11:28 EDT 2001

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Scott Howell wrote:
> People, I know getting a quick answer makes it simple, but you won't learn
> this way. There's a great book at http://www.samba.org and I tell you its
> good. I setup my Samba server although its no where near its full
> capabilities,b ut I got it to do what I wanted.

Well said Scott. The thing is that few people are even aware of the
abilities of Samba. I certainly wasn't, and still I think there are
abilities I am not aware of. It goes way beyond simple things such as file
and printer sharing.

That said, I would encourage you to use samba for what it was intended and
designed for. (This means don't use samba to share files between linux
boxes. NFS is more suited for this.) But name an NT function and samba
probably has an answer.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Nothing is hard if you know the answer or are used to doing it.