burning CD's in linux

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.eu.org
Wed Apr 18 22:59:40 EDT 2001

Brent go read the CDR and CDRW howto documents.
They're on http://www.fadden.com/
Don't waste the list's time with questions that can be answered by reading the documentation.
cdrecord has readme files in it, and mkisofs has a manpage.
Learn how a bootable cd works from those.
No dumping the root directory of a running system to a cd won't make it magically
bootable; how would the system update mtab? How would
you run all of your applications on a read-only filesystem without other storage?

Some of us pay for every byte received; why not stop hassling the list
with questions so simple that you could research them yourself?
That way I might even consider answering your questions when you really get stuck.