problem with slackware boot disk.

Thomas Stivers stivers_t at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Apr 18 14:25:31 EDT 2001

Hi all, I have been trying to install slackware with the disks from the
linux-speakup.org site and am having problems. I am using the ltlk.dsk
immage from the bear-i directory and the system hangs after I press enter at
the boot prompt. I can hear disk activity, but it goes on fore several
minutes with no change on the screen and nothing speaks. I have the
doubletalk on com1 and I tried it with and without adding speakup_ser=0 to
the boot prompt. Is there a known bug with this immage or am I
doingsomething wrong? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Thomas Stivers
stivers_t at mail.utexas.edu