samba help

JONATHAN CREASY jcreasy at aph.org
Wed Apr 18 08:53:32 EDT 2001

from start\run i get network name cannot be found, with network
neighborhood iget the network is busy.

>>> cpt.kirk at 1tree.net 04/17/01 01:24PM >>>
On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Holmes, Steve wrote:
> One thing I've experienced with the \\servername issue is to always
include
> the share name.  At least from other linux boxes and smbclient, I had
> include the share name to avoid errors.  I've never done that from
the
> windows start/run command.  I always used network neighborhood or an
> explicit path when I knew things were working.

The problem was in windows and the use of a share name is nt needed.
Also,
there are problems. The error (if any) from typping \\servername will
help
detirmine what the problem is. If the person with the problem wants to
get
that back I can help out. I have a very strong background in the
microslop
side of it.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Nothing is hard if you know the answer or are used to doing it.