burning CD's in linux

Jacob Schmude jacobs at surferie.net
Tue Apr 17 21:01:47 EDT 2001

Hi
     Well, the only other disadvantage is that you may make it too big to
fit on a boot floppy if you put all that stuff in the kernel.
     Most modules don't need to load in any particular order, but these do.
However, the post-install/pre-install stuff is not necessary if you're going
to manually modprobe them. If you're going to use the kernel auto-loader,
then the post-install/pre-install stuff comes into play.
     I wouldn't recommend using the kernel auto-loader to load these
modules, simply because it's just extra work. You can always put the
appropriate modprobe commands in your rc.local script and have done with it.

     Your writer on /dev/hdd will become /dev/scd0.. Your cd-rom will not
change.