sendmail working for me!

w1gm at sdf.lonestar.org w1gm at sdf.lonestar.org
Thu Apr 12 08:12:54 EDT 2001

You'll probably also need a smart_host to deliver mail destined for remote
locations.  This can be inserted in the blank space in my original
post.  The format is
define(SMART_HOST,smtp.mail.com)dnl

where "smtp.mail.com" is the name of your ISP or third party mail server.

Once you have the mc file ready to go, you run the m4 command to build the
sendmail.cf.  On my system the command looks like:
m4 my.mc >/etc/mail/sendmail.cf
Once you've built the sendmail.cf file, you can browse it to see whether
you changes took effect.  For example, you can search for your mail-server
which you coded as a smart_host.  If you don't find it, it probably means
that there was a syntax error in your mc file.
Chris
 On Wed, Apr 11,
2001 at 07:28:13PM -0500, w1gm at sdf.lonestar.org wrote: > Hello listers.
> Well, I went back and read the raft of messages on sendmail.  Much of the
> time I use a dial-up account and send mail via an account not connected to
> my ISP.  I'm running slackware and made a few adjustments to the
> linux.smtp.mc file which is included with the sendmail package.  Below is
> my version of the .mc file which seems to work for me.  Messages are
> queued when I'm offline, and I send them with the "sendmail -q" command
> when I connect.
>
> include(`../m4/cf.m4')
> VERSIONID(`linux for smtp-only setup')dnl
> OSTYPE(linux)
> FEATURE(nouucp)dnl
> FEATURE(accept_unqualified_senders)dnl
> FEATURE(accept_unresolvable_domains)dnl
> FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope')dnl
>
> MASQUERADE_AS(writeme.com)dnl
> MAILER(local)dnl
> MAILER(smtp)dnl
> linux.dialup.mc line 1/11 (END)
>  -- Chris The Moon is Waning Gibbous (83% of Full)

Chris
The Moon is Waning Gibbous (79% of Full)