sendmail working for me!

w1gm at sdf.lonestar.org w1gm at sdf.lonestar.org
Wed Apr 11 20:28:13 EDT 2001

Hello listers.
Well, I went back and read the raft of messages on sendmail.  Much of the
time I use a dial-up account and send mail via an account not connected to
my ISP.  I'm running slackware and made a few adjustments to the
linux.smtp.mc file which is included with the sendmail package.  Below is
my version of the .mc file which seems to work for me.  Messages are
queued when I'm offline, and I send them with the "sendmail -q" command
when I connect.

include(`../m4/cf.m4')
VERSIONID(`linux for smtp-only setup')dnl
OSTYPE(linux)
FEATURE(nouucp)dnl
FEATURE(accept_unqualified_senders)dnl
FEATURE(accept_unresolvable_domains)dnl
FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope')dnl

MASQUERADE_AS(writeme.com)dnl
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl
linux.dialup.mc line 1/11 (END)
 -- Chris The Moon is Waning Gibbous (83% of Full)