down for the count

Jacob Schmude jacobs at ncinter.net
Sat Sep 30 15:21:10 EDT 2000

Hi
	Slackware isn't as hard to upgrade now. From 4.0 onward, there's
an upgradepkg utility that will upgrade a package. From 4.0 to 7.0 would
be a bit tricky, simply because of the switch to libc6. The simple way to
do it would be to install the glibc libraries first, then upgrade the
distro. You'd just go into a directory and do upgradepkg *.tgz and it will
upgrade packages and not install any new packages.