Distro discusion

Chris Nestrud ccn at uark.edu
Tue Sep 26 09:05:14 EDT 2000

Their is a document called the linux filesystem standard, which I can't
seem to find an URL for now, but which discusses what you're talking
about. I think Debian adheres to this document with its packages, placing
config files in /etc, the package bins in /usr/bin, package libs in
/usr/lib, etc. The linuxdoc.org site probably has that document.

Chris