New user encountering problems

Jacob Schmude jacobs at ncinter.net
Sat Sep 23 13:31:55 EDT 2000

Hi
	Well, I don't know what tools debian provides, but I know redhat
does have a tool to configure networking. Be warned, though, any use of
rh's tools, then try to build your own kernel, and you're likely screwed
up. They seem to take a stand like "Oh, you don't need to build a kernel,
do it our way".
	You're certainly right about debian having files in nonstandard
places. Whoever heard  of dosemu's configuration files going in
/usr/lib/dosemu/etc, for example.