New user encountering problems

Gorgotek Systems gorgotek at gte.net
Fri Sep 22 19:40:35 EDT 2000

Hi I havent much experience with speakup or the DECTalk hardware but I
do run RH 6.2. After you copied the new kernel & system.map into the
/boot directory and adjusted the links, did you modify /etc/lilo.conf to
reflect these changes? If not, back up the file and modify it to reflect
your new kernel and rerun lilo from the /etc directory.

Greg Keto