getting extra pcmcia slots for extra serial ports in a laptop, or an easy way to get large files from a laptop to a desktop or vice versa

Brent Harding bharding at ufw2.com
Tue Sep 19 19:23:21 EDT 2000

	I was told about a mechanism called laplink that would hook a desktop to a
laptop. The problem with it seems to be that it needs both a serial and
parallel port connection on both machines. I have a serial port free on the
desktop, parallel is taken by the printer, not so serious a problem
necessarily, but the laptop's serial port is taken by the dectalk express,
something I can't do without, as I have to know what's on the screen to
tell it to transfer, and to know when it completes. I have a modem in one
pcm slot, and something else in the other, not sure why it's there. Is
there a way to get a third slot, so I can put in another serial port to
satisfy laplink, and is it necessary to use the serial connection at all?