Voice Synthesizers and now tripple talk

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Sun Sep 10 20:54:46 EDT 2000

> Actually if you have a relatively new system with a behaving bios, PCI is a
> lot easier to deal with. If all your cards are plug 'n' pray and all are PCI
> or don't require ISA interrupts you just put the cards in. Slot order is
> important, most of the time interrupts are allocated to slot 1 2 3 4 etc
> but there are exceptions.

This won't help without sighted assistance, but actually many BIOSes have
a setting to select one of two or three settings on IRQ order used by the
PCI. That being said, for most people it is easier to just swap some cards
arround. My method is far from scientific. I place all my cards in and see
if it works. If it doesn't I swap a couple cards arround. I just select
the card that doesn't work, and some other card. But this has only
happened once or twice.

--
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net