Yet one more success with SPeakup

Victor Tsaran vtsaran at nimbus.ocis.temple.edu
Mon Sep 4 23:39:33 EDT 2000

Dear listers and particularly developers of SPeakup!
I just wanted to report that we've got one more record in favor of Speakup
and its great usability to blind Linux users and system admins.
I just returned from Thailand where I conducted a one-week workshop on
accessibility of Linux to blind users and future blind system admins. The
course went through fine and, believe it or not, we didn't have a need in
another screen reader. Well, Speakup does a very bad job in editors such as
Pico or Emacs, but I believe the cursoring issue will befixwed soon. One
thing that was mostly confusing for the new blind Linux users is that they
could not use another screen reader on the same port where Speakup was
running. So, if this problem could be addressed in the future, it would be
benefitial and, at least democratic, grin!

Best wishes,
Victor