To Caldera or not to Caldera

Brent Harding bharding at mail.ufw2.com
Sun Sep 3 15:37:50 EDT 2000

With dell redhat systems, how hard is it to get speakup on them? I've heard
the disk control drivers are binary provided by dell, no disk, no boot,
recompiling the kernel could jeopardize support for the hardware, as dell
builds the code right in to the kernel. I'm thinking of going preinstall of
linux for my next system, as I have plenty of access to windows on this
machine now, and my laptop, so if I need to use windows, not a lot will be
missing, if one networked the machines.