sound card

rturner2 at texasisp.com rturner2 at texasisp.com
Sun Oct 29 16:07:30 EST 2000

hi,
i got it working using isapnp.
i will list the details on  the linux newbie group.
thanks to all
randy

 sp>On Sun, 29 Oct 2000, Kerry Hoath wrote:
 sp>> It is the vibra 16-x card that is hard to make work; the one with
 sp>>2 8-bit  dma channels. Linux has trouble driving them in full
 sp>>duplex mode and the Alsa  folks say that the card is
 sp>>semi-supported. If it is a normal vibra16 they are  easy enough to
 sp>make work, I managed to get one working back in 98 it must have
 sp>> been with the old oss/free drivers under kernel 2.0.27
 sp>Here's the output of CTCM.EXE that was posted to blinux-newbie:
 sp>> Creative Plug and Play Configuration Manager (v1.08)
 sp>> Copyright (C) Creative Technology Ltd., 1995-1997. All rights
 sp>reserved. >
 sp>> Found Creative Plug and Play card         :     Creative ViBRA16X
 sp>PnP >
 sp>> Successfully configured 2 of 2 Creative Plug and Play devices.
 sp>> BLASTER environment is set at: A220 I5 D1 H1 P330 T6
 sp>This would sound like it's one of those vibra16x cards then.
 sp>Geoff.
 sp>--
 sp>Geoff Shang <gshang10 at scu.edu.au>
 sp>ICQ number 43634701