kernel compile erors again

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Thu Oct 26 22:00:21 EDT 2000

Hi Chris:  My guess is that 2.3.9 is one of those cusp kernel version
where the speakup code hadn't totally matched the kernel code.  It
worked up until 2.3.08 and then It didn't work again until 2.3.51.
That's is because that was the amount of time that went by before I
got around to writing the changes.  I recommend you either get
2.4.0-test 1 or 2 or go back to the much safer 2.2.xx.  What type of
card did they not support sound wise until 2.3.9?  The other
possibility is to use the 2.2.xx and check to see if the alsa drivers
cover your card.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061