telnet or ssh versus serial console was partial success - still need help

Brent Harding bharding at ufw2.com
Thu Oct 26 10:37:08 EDT 2000

			Does telnet or ssh using ethernet allow you to do everything a serial
console could do? I suppose the idea that serial is still usefull, as you'd
need speech on some console with linux to make the telnet session halfway
usefull. I've tried it in win telnet before connecting to a system, and it
just seems too messy how things are read. It seems in that case it always
repeats a bunch of lines before what just came up, making file editing near
impossible.
It's something like
login: bharding
bharding password
login bharding
password
last login, blah blah blah
and whenever I type a command it continues to reread the junk.