speakup wierdness

tyler spivey tyler at wapvi.bc.ca
Tue Oct 24 21:25:23 EDT 2000

only thing that has a 16550a is my modem. i can't switch the cards, dads
iliterate on computers.
is their a program that i can use to strip chars off  input from a com port
and feed it to my synth? null modem to synth? thats my only option right now.
if i use a serial terminal, some programs dont redraw right.
and why does "type" exit when something from speakup is sent?
or something.
how will i simitaniusly redirrect stuff to the synth? it workks fine with
apollo o and a term but lhow to strip that @f8 and control chars i dont know.