Keeping a machine up (was Re: which prebuilt...)

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Tue Oct 24 08:46:02 EDT 2000

I take my machine down for three reasons typically. The first is that
lightning storms roll through and the machine doesn't care for those
surges. The next is that ocasionally the power just drops. The third is
cause I just want to mess with it and/or, I don't know what I am doing
while I mess with it.

Notice, I freely admit that sometimes I reboot out of sheer ignorance. I
know that something can be accomplished without the reboot,but reboot
because I am not sure how to accomplish my goal otherwise. but this last
thing is dropping lower and lower on the list. (Oh I did of course reboot
when I changed distributions recently and am sure there was no way arround
that.)

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net