best way to install linux to a laptop

Geoff Shang gshang10 at scu.edu.au
Mon Oct 23 02:01:00 EDT 2000

Hi:

Well you'd only need 2 lines of course, but I'm presuming you're including
a voice line in this that you'd want to keep free.  I guess if you don't
want to get another line, either wait till you get DSL or log your home
machine out when you go out and either dial into it or your ISP, depending
what you want access to.

As for hearing audio from a remote machine, as I said, you'd have to use
icecast or some other audio encoder to retransmit the audio back to you,
and you'd need to tie up their sound card to do this (which they mightn't
be too fussed aboutJ).

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <gshang10 at scu.edu.au>