speakup wierdness

tyler spivey tyler at wapvi.bc.ca
Sun Oct 22 13:16:26 EDT 2000

you dont get my point. i want to use one of the supported synth
as the front end doing the emulation in dos , the apolloo seems to
work  because
it doesh't use control chars. i can get it to speak through my decpc's
screen reader but i cant get it to stop sending that
@f8. and theirs no way of shutting it up.
i was hoping i could create another synthasizer driver for the deccpc
without handshaking, because
whenever i type com2 >com3 i can echo cmds to dtpc when i load
speakup it screws up my decpc same with emacspeak.
why would it screw it up.