which prebuilt linux boxes seem to work best?

Brent Harding bharding at ufw2.com
Fri Oct 20 18:04:19 EDT 2000

What if I get glibc-devel from the 6.2 distro?
If a program needs kernel headers to compile with, how would I deal with
them in a new location? It's what I hated about debian on my main machine,
so I renamed /usr/src/kernel-source-2.2.15 to /usr/src/linux, and things
work fine.
At 10:54 PM 10/18/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi
>     Ah, there's the problem. RH won't let you remove the 2.4 headers.
They're required by another RPM, glibc-devel, required to compile anything.
If you manage to dump those headers in, make sure you don't put them in the
directory where 2.4 headers are kept, or you'll wind up in a mess, as some
of the filenames are the same between versions. Then you'd really be
missmatched.