Problems with Speakup and Redhat

James Poss shinnok at zevils.com
Fri Oct 20 00:54:47 EDT 2000

Hello all,
I'm trying to install Redhat Linux version 6.1 on my pc.
I can't get my braille lite to work with speakup.
I have my braille lite set to 9600 baud, a stop bit, 8 data bits, no
parity, and software handshaking.
I downloaded the bnsb.bin file from the speakup ftp site, extracted it
with rawrite, and tried rebooting my computer.
The floppy accessed for a few seconds, I assumed I had a "Boot:" prompt on
my screen, so I pressed enter.
The floppy accessed for a while longer, my braille lite made a pop sound
as if something had been sent to it to speak, but none of the speakup
reading keys seemed to produce any speech.
Any help that can be offered would be appriciated.  Thanks

Jim