best way to install linux to a laptop

Brent Harding bharding at ufw2.com
Tue Oct 17 20:59:14 EDT 2000

		I am going to be using linux on some laptop at some point. My friend and
I are going to be getting it going, probably redhat as at least I hear it
allows one to choose reasonable defaults instead of just being asked
individually what I want when I'm not sure what every library is used in. I
kind of want to get acquainted more with redhat as my isp uses it, and it's
hardware detectability, seeing I've not a clue yet what the laptop will be
yet, but I think the synth will be an external double talk. We will both be
trying to learn more about linux by doing this, seeing he hasn't
experimented around as much as me seeing he didn't want to wipe out
everything, and thinks everything is so difficult compared to windows. I'm
likely to use this in a future job opportunity, and I've borrowed linux for
dummies from RFB, a good starting point. If this laptop requires the
swapping of the CD drive and floppy, how could we obtain a talking install
and use CD for installing the packages? We have no network we can directly
use for mounting the CD nfs style on another machine so I can boot from
floppy. I'm not even sure if the laptop in question could boot from CD.
Seeing the school network admin would rather run another line than allow us
to put in a hub, and they seem to be slow on it, how can we get linx on the
laptop without sight?