which prebuilt linux boxes seem to work best?

Brent Harding bharding at ufw2.com
Sun Oct 15 23:25:01 EDT 2000

		I was thinking of getting another machine to just run linux on. I was
thinking to go either valinux or dell. I don't really know if there's much
else to choose from. I could just get another custom built with windows
Millenium on it, do the famous format operation and put whatever linux
distro I may choose, probably redhat or something (a distro I've not tried
out yet) on it. The problem I see is the computer place I got this desktop
from doesn't seem to sell open architect motherboards in systems now.
They're more integrated, and have less slots now, and usb instead of serial
ports is bad news. They basically had this open architect board because the
on board sound on that other one started giving noise I didn't want, and
switching to sblive wouldn't work any other way.
If there's no easy way to get speakup to load on plugging the synthesizer
in without rebooting, or for that matter replacing the kernel of one of
these already set up systems, I could just get ethernet going and use
telnet or ssh to it to do whatever I need from my windows/linux dual boot
system.