mandrake 7.1, is it worth trying with speakup

Brent Harding bharding at ufw2.com
Sun Oct 15 21:11:56 EDT 2000

			I found mandrake 7.1 for $20.00 at Best Buy on Saturday. I found that
what it has sounds so cool, of course x-win is unusable with speech at the
time. The box said it's redhat compatible, would that mean I could get it
installed with the redhat boot disk?
I also found redhat professional server, not sure which version, for $170
which I'm almost sure probably will install with speakup. I'm thinking
about switching, as I can't compile much of anything with debian without it
failing about functions or files it can't find. I just downloaded zipspeak
again, if I copy that in to the linux partition with debian, I'd have a
sort of zipslackdeb system, but it probably won't work either.