help with alsa/sblive

Jacob Schmude <Jacob Schmude jacobs at ncinter.net
Fri Oct 13 20:00:46 EDT 2000

Hi
     You do not need SB16 nor the AWE64 drivers. In fact, mixing alsa versions like that is a recipe for trouble. You want the emu10k1 drivers. I configured alsa like this:
./configure --with-sequencer=yes
     You do not need the --with-sb16 nor the --with-isapnp=yes options. SB Live is a PCI-based card, not an ISA-based one. Thus it does not use ISA pnp. Simply let it compile all alsa drivers for all cards. After you do a make install of these drivers, be sure to run ./snddevices. Now, load the snd-card-emu10k1 and OSS emulation modules.
     If that doesn't work, just use the opensource.creative.com drivers, they work much better at the present time.