network configuration problem

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.eu.org
Wed Oct 11 22:21:24 EDT 2000

Ok well for a start make sure chat -v is active and watch the messages file.
If it is saying "serial connection established" that may be the case as far
as chat is concerned but in fact your isp might not agree.
Most isps these days just require you to get to a connect prompt so the
last line of my chat script is
CONNECT \d\c
expect connect wait 1 second and go off  into ppp land.
The isp then validates you with pap only no need to chat with the login and
passsword bits of the isp, this is what most win9x boxes do unless they have
a special dialing script.

Regards, Kerry.