hearing the audio from a remote system

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Sun Oct 8 20:13:51 EDT 2000

I fail to understand how this scheme could possibly help real time. Unless
that is, you are stuck with an ISP with limited connectivity and happen to
have a fast connection to some server which has a better ISP.

The other posibility is if you could get permision to setup a damaen
capable of translating a stream into a lower bandwidth stream to which you
then connect via the new streams software.

But either of these are really a large task to be undertaken and not
likely to happen unless you happen to run your own co-located server, or
have a friend who runs one. I just can't imagine an administrator
leisurely handing out such permsions. And if you are at the point of
asking if this can be done via telnet, I doubt you are proficient enough
to be ready for the task.

--
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

It's not reality that's important, but how you perceive things.