"Virtual Memory exhausted" message during compilation

Jacob Schmude jacobs at ncinter.net
Sun Oct 1 23:14:23 EDT 2000

Hi
	You may want to make it larger. I've got 128mb swap and 64mb
of physical memory, and had no trouble compiling perl but, then again, I'm
not using UMSDOS either. It could also be the fact that it is a swap file,
as the fs needs to be accessed for this file, slowing that system down and
using even more memory and CPU power. Do happen to have some other
partition you could put it on? This way, you'd avoid accessing the UMSDOS
fs too much. Better yet, if you can create a swap partition, do it!