Speakup and Apollo 2

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Wed Nov 29 07:49:26 EST 2000

Hi Michela:  The f8 problem is common to most of the serial synths.
It is because the first character of the command sequence is being
cleared but the remainder of the sequence is making it through.  Once
I have the next version of speakup released I am planning on going
back through the drivers and trying to fix some of those little
irritations.  The breaking up of synth output I am also aware of but
thought that I had fixed the problem.  It is an issue with how much
time to keep the processor and yet not slow down the system for all
other processes.  I will go back and take a look at the apollo code
and make changes if I can.  What version of speakup are you using?

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061