redhat 6.2 unresolved module symbols problem

Brent Harding bharding at ufw2.com
Fri Nov 24 15:57:13 EST 2000

							I had installed rh 6.2 and tried recompiling the kernel to get
speakup in as I previously had a ton of unresolved module problems that
make it so I can't get online. I recompiled by patching in speakup, copying
in the config for i686 for a pentium II and ran make oldconfig dep bzImage
install, and the module thing still errors. I can't mount my other win-95
partition either with the error of wrong major or minor number, which
shouldn't happen as I used the defaults. Before reinstalling I backed the
updates that I downloaded up to the dos partition so I don't have to
download again.