editors

frankiec at unforgettable.com frankiec at unforgettable.com
Wed May 31 15:34:17 EDT 2000

Hi there Saqib.

Speakup does not have automatic reviewing of the screen when cursering
around.  This will be changed in future releases but for now it's easy
enough to use the review functions when in any of those programs that you
mentioned.

Because speakup is kernel code it can't deal with speaking the movment of
the curser quite like tredisional screen readers do.  But speakup is very
usable.  There are a few things that one has to get used to doing.
infact I would say it's a new form of a three fingered salute.  Thumb on
the down arrow, middle finger on the say line key, and pinky on the numpad
enter.  down enter sayline down enter sayline down enter sayline....

Hope this helps.
Frank