Speech-friendly Lynx configuration

Jacob Schmude jacobs at ncinter.net
Wed May 24 21:30:40 EDT 2000

Hi Matt
	Here's my input.
show cursor: absolutely
numbered links: yes
numbered form fields: no
color: doesn't matter
advanced user mode: yes because those instructions will change sometimes
and thus obstruct the speech.
	Here are some things I think you forgot:
show images: ignore
verbose images: off
	These two options will prevent the .gif filename being displayed
while reading the page, and only image links will be recognized. No image
alt tags that are not links will be displayed, this can help the
readibility of the page.

	I have one more thing that could be of consideration. Compile your
own lynx, identical to slackware's version,but when typing ./configure
include:
--disable-forms-options
This will simply use the old-style option menu, which I think is easier to
use than the forms-based one.
	I know you don't like to deviate from standard zipslack, but the
disabling of the forms-based options menu would probably help other people
use it more effectively.

	That's just my $0.02 worth.