Speech-friendly Lynx configuration

Matthew Campbell mattcamp at crosswinds.net
Wed May 24 20:38:53 EDT 2000

I'm working on the next version of the ZipSpeak distribution, and I
would like to include a modified Lynx configuration file that makes
Lynx more speech-friendly.  I will definitely modify it so that the
cursor is next to the currently selected link, instead of being in the
bottom-right corner of the screen.  However, there are some other
things I want some input on.

Should links be numbered?  Should form fields be numbered?

Does color matter at all?  I'm guessing it doesn't, except for people
with low vision who may be using speech as well.

Should I set the user level to advanced so that Lynx doesn't put
instructions on the last two lines of the screen?  The .lynxrc file on
the Blinux site does this, but I'm wondering if that would be a
disadvantage for people who are not only new Linux users but new Lynx
users as well.

Have I forgotten anything?

Thanks,
--