Redhat6.1 boot disks with Speakup don't seem to work with DoubleTalk LT

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Thu May 11 16:13:35 EDT 2000

Vic:

I had the same problem with my IBM Thinkpad 560Z.

The issue turned out to be that the serial port on  the backplane of the
Thinkpad was being seen by Linux as ttyS1. Seems the irda port on the
front plane is ttyS0. So, the fix was to add the following at the boot
prompt:

speakup_ser=1

so my boot prompt response became:

text speakup_ser=1