alsa driver modules problem

Scott Howell n3byy at speakeasy.org
Sat May 6 06:00:05 EDT 2000

Well here's the deal. Seems the modules are not getting loaded as I had
thought, but then thanks to modprobe I loaded them and forgot<G>.

In any case here's the stuff from my modules.conf which should be loading
them.

#modified 5/6/2000
alias net-pf-4 off
alias net-pf-5 off

# ok, my attempt at ALSA config stuff (kirk)
alias char-major-116 snd
options snd snd_major=116 snd_cards_limit=1
alias snd-card-0 snd-card-emu10k1
options snd-card-emu10k1 snd_index=0 snd_id="SBLIVE" \

# OSS/Free setup
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss

I am using the same asound.conf file from the previous installation.

Kernel 2.2.14 alsa drivers 5.7.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm nearly back on the air. Yeah, manage to
royally trash the box.<G>
Well learning comes at a high price.hahah