Can't install Slackware

David Baker dbaker3 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu May 4 21:44:06 EDT 2000

I had been using a ZipSpeak boot floppy.  Do I have to use the umsdos.gz
file, since I'm installing to a drive that has a FAT16 File system on it?  I
don't want to keep it, that's just what it is now.  I was reticent to run
fdisk.exe from a boot floppy, since MicSoft's fdisk doesn't support a Linux
partition.
BTW, after whacking enter as you suggested (with that boot floppy made with
Rawrite from Zipspeak), I still got a Kernel Panic VFS error; couldn't open
root device.

I appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks,

DaveB