solution: bns locks up when using speakup

Chris Nestrud cnestru at comp.uark.edu
Fri Mar 31 17:41:36 EST 2000

Hello all.. I've found a problem/bug when using speakup with a Braille 'n
speak. At some random time which I haven't been able to isolate the cause
of, the braille 'n speak will start repeating data it encountered in the
past, things from the past few minutes of speaking. It no longer responds
to information from speakup. If anyone else has encountered this, a
solution is to:
1. turn off bns
2. turn on bns
3. press insert-enter to silence speakup
4. press insert-enter to reenable speakup and re-init contact with bns

Chris