ibm puts voice on palm

cpt.kirk at 1tree.net cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Wed Mar 15 07:56:31 EST 2000

While it would be nice if developers took their tightened code back to the
full size machine I doubt that will happen much. i would suspect that
those developing for PDAs do little work developing for the full size
computers. part of their method though is cutting features.

Now for a question towards the goal of a PDA: When working with
refreshable Braille and the 8 dot cell. My understanding is that the dot
below dot 6 is used to indicate a capital letter. Is this correct? And
then what is the other dot used for? Finally is their a convention
concerning how these two dots are numbered?

Sorry for lying and saying I had a question when I have many. But one more
question directly related. It seems to me that adding these two dots to
the keyboard will greatly expand the input ability and possibly even
speed. Instead of using two cells for capitalization, you could use one.
How about some feed back about this and what should be done with these.
One inclination I had was to make one a control key since control is used
so much in Linux.

Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net