ibm puts voice on palm

Geoff Shang gshang10 at scu.edu.au
Wed Mar 15 06:18:33 EST 2000

Hi:

>From the recent discussions on PDA's lately, it seems that most if not all
use relatively low-end processors.  It seems ironic to me that programmers
will now have to go back to optimising code for less powerful processors
when up till now it's barely been a consideration, what with the
sky-rocketing of PC processors.  I hope efforts to make programs such as
this work on PDA's will result in tighter code for the regular versions and
hence lead to lower system specs.  ...  but I'm not holding my breath.

Geoff.