braille input

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Sat Mar 11 11:21:20 EST 2000

I seriously doubt that your signmaker knows what he is talking about.
There has been a disgraceful trend in this country for teachers of the
blind to be reluctant to teach braille, often arguing that modern
technology makes braille unnecessary. I am seventy years old myself, and
have worked with blind folks for a very long time. A lot of blind folks
regard the white cane and the use of braille as signs of weakness and
dependency instead of signs of strength and independence, and I do not see
any tendency for the situation to be improving. I hope I am wrong. Mayrbe
others have a different view.

Chuck.