Hello all

brent harding bharding at greenbaynet.com
Wed Jun 28 19:34:57 EDT 2000

How would I make it work so that I could take the floppy drive out and put
the CD drive in and keep the install going? I can swap in windows with my
laptop just fine if I run the program it came with, it rescans the options
bay for devices, so I could do it in windows, but I've yet to find an
installer that will install linux while running windows. I can't use the
serial port to do the install because that's where I hook my dectalk
express to on my laptop. I'm not yet familiar with nfs servers, and don't
have access to one, so I can't install that way either, besides I don't
currently have network cards in my computers.
I wonder if there's an easy way to get linux on my laptop. They made that
thing so odd, the battery will fit in the options slot, but the drives
won't fit in the other slot that's usually for the battery, yt they both
feel the same to me. I tried it one time when I had the power cord plugged
in, I removed the battery, tried to stick the floppy drive in it's place so
I'd have both in the machine at once, but it wouldn't slide all the way in
to make a connection, how disappointing.