Decext driver not compiling

Joseph Norton jnorton at nortcom.com
Wed Jun 21 21:12:19 EDT 2000

Hi Tommy:

Basically, I took a boot disk image and dd'd it to a floppy.  Then, I
mounted it under /mnt.  I replaced the kernel on the floppy with the
appropriate kernel image for Speakup and ran the following commands on it:

rdev /mnt/vmlinuz /dev/fd0
ramsize /mnt/vmlinuz 49152
rootflags /mnt/vmlinuz 0

Then, I had to copy the lilo.conf file on the floppy to a file I called
bdlilo.conf and run lilo using it as follows (I made sure my working
directory was /mnt before I did this):

cp /mnt/etc/lilo.conf /mnt/bdlilo.conf
lilo -v -C bdlilo.conf -r /mnt
rm bdlilo.conf

Don't know why I had to do that, but, it seemed to work best for some
reason.  Seems like I had problems when trying to run lilo specifying
etc/lilo.conf.

I also had to move some files from the disk to make room for some
operations--these disks are tight!  I then moved the files back.

After all this, I unmounted the floppy and dd'd it back to a file.

Hope this helps.